Meghan Linsey, a former consistent on “The Voice,” is opening up about a horrifying experience that sent her to the emergency room and left “a hole” in her face. She first shared her story on her Instagram page.

Meghan’s Story

Meghan wrote, “On February 12, I woke up to a stinging sensation on my face. I looked and in my right hand was a dead spider. Somehow while I was sleeping, a spider had bit me and I had killed it. This scenario is literally on the top of my nightmare list. The stinging was awful and I knew it had to be poisonous. I put the spider in a bag and headed to urgent care.”

Over the next week, the singer experienced many painful symptoms. She felt excruciating nerve pain in her face, experienced muscle spams, extreme swelling, and she developed a full body rash. Doctors confirmed that the stuff of Meghan’s nightmares was in fact, a reality. Megan wrote, “It has been confirmed that I was bit by a brown recluse spider, one of two of the most poisonous spiders in the US.”

Nine days after she was bitten, Megan developed necrosis. The skin where she was bitten began to rot, leaving what she calls “a hole” in her face. She began hyperbaric chamber treatment was has helped, but she is left with a scar on her face.

She explained, “I am still dealing with the wound on my face, but I finally found the right pain meds to control the nerve pain. I know I’m not out of the woods on this yet, but I am so incredibly grateful for my health and I will never take it for granted again.”

Meghan’s Warning To Others

While Meghan continues to heal, she has a message for the public. The singer wrote, “If you live in an area where these spiders are, do some research and learn how to protect yourself! I know this is not common at all, but better safe than sorry!”

Brown recluse spiders typically live in:

  • Kansas
  • Oklahoma
  • Texas
  • Louisiana
  • Arkansas
  • Missouri
  • Mississippi
  • Alabama
  • Georgia
  • Tennesse
  • Kentucky
  • Ohio
  • Indiana
  • Illinois
  • Iowa
  • Nebraska
https://i2.wp.com/worldwidehealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/recluse-bite-FI.jpg?fit=600%2C320https://i2.wp.com/worldwidehealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/recluse-bite-FI.jpg?resize=150%2C150World Wide HealthyHealth
Meghan Linsey, a former consistent on “The Voice,” is opening up about a horrifying experience that sent her to the emergency room and left “a hole” in her face. She first shared her story on her Instagram page. Meghan’s Story Meghan wrote, “On February 12, I woke up to a stinging...